sabato 29 maggio 2010

NOTD: China Glaze Stroll

This is a gorgeous polish from Retro Diva (Fall 2009) collection: CG defines it a glitter but I think it is actually a glass flecked. The base is similar to a jelly so the difference between "thick" (index and ring) and "thin" (middle) application is noticeable; actually I tend to go "thick" with creme and shimmer polishes :-P and I prefer the "deeper" shade.
2Anyway I fell in love with it, a deep burgundy red, sparkling (golden) even indoor with electric lighting, amazing under direct sunlight (picture 1). I applied three coats except on pinkie, where I applied a coat of sheer pink and a thick coat of Stroll + Seche (detail picture 3); the finish is absolutely smooth (not a glittery one).
Picture 2 is outdoor, shadow (click on pictures to enlarge them).

Disclaimer: this product has been sent me for review; I guarantee that my opinion has not been affected by its origin.

3La mia prima review di un simil-jelly: ho scoperto che le mie capacità di applicazione smalto vanno migliorate (sono abituata con i creme ed i shimmer dove in genere applico strati abbastanza corposi)! Lo smalto è fluido, ho fatto un po' di fatica a capire quanto metterne: dopo qualche tentativo questo è il risultato con tre strati (a parte il mignolo, dove avevo messo, dopo la base, un ulteriore strato di rosa tipo french e dove ho steso un solo, spessissimo, strato – sigillato con il Seche - foto 3). Questo rosso cupo/vinaccia è bellissimo, loro lo definiscono glitter ma io direi più "glass flecked" dorato, splende anche sotto la luce artificiale ed è bellissimo sotto il sole (foto 1); al tatto è assolutamente liscio (niente sensazione "glitterosa"), un vero gioiello autunnale (fa parte della collezione Retro Diva del 2009).
Foto 2 all'esterno ma in ombra. Per ingrandire le foto cliccateci sopra! 

NB: questo smalto mi è stato inviato per essere "recensito": i miei commenti in merito non sono influenzati dalla sua provenienza.

2 commenti:

  1. I love that polish, I don't even have it... I wonder how it compares to Ruby Pumps.

    RispondiElimina
  2. I haven't swatched Ruby Pumps yet...I'll try to do it soon, with a comparison with this "Diva" ;-)

    RispondiElimina

I read and appreciate every single comment (even if I'm not always able to reply), but please refrain from spamming or link dropping, if you want me to read a post of yours or visit your website send me an email, thanks :-)

Adoro leggere i vostri commenti (anche se non sempre riesco a rispondere singolarmente) <3! Per favore però non commentate solo per lasciare link/spam, se volete che legga un vostro post o visiti il vostro sito mandatemi una mail, grazie :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...